Bananas and brown sugar, goes well with ice cream. Doing a flambe
on the alcohol in the pan is common with this dish. The flambe
does not add anything to the flavor and can be skipped entirely.
For liability reasons I will not describe the flambe process here.
Pyros can Google it for themselves.
Yield: 3-4 Servings
|4||oz.||Rum (80 proof)|
- Quarter the bananas by slicing lengthwise and then in half, set aside
- Melt butter over low heat
- Add brown sugar and combine well
- Cook bananas in brown sugar mixture for about one minute on each side, then remove the bananas and set aside
- Add cinnamon and increase to medium low heat
- Wait for brown sugar to begin to bubble
- Turn off heat, add banana liqueur and rum, and turn heat on again
- Cook off the alcohol
- Serve hot brown sugar mixture with bananas and ice cream (you may want to put the ice cream on the side)