Beef in a mushroom sauce over noodles or rice.
Yield: About 2 servings.
|12||oz.||Steak (cubed, or ground beef)|
|1||Shallot (finely chopped)|
|12||oz||Egg Noodles (cooked, or enough rice for each person)|
- Season beef with salt and pepper
- Dredge in flour
- Melt butter with olive oil in pan
- Pan fry beef in batches
- Remove beef from pan and deglaze with red wine
- Add chopped shallots, garlic, and mushrooms
- Add beef broth and return beef to the pan
- Simmer while preparing noodles
- A few minutes before the noodles are ready, add the sour cream and brown mustard and mix well
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve over noodles