Chocolate ganache covered with powdered sugar or cocoa.
Yield: About 25 1-inch chocolate truffles
|2||tsp.||Kahlua (and/or coffee)|
|1/2||c.||Powdered Sugar (or Cocoa)|
- Chop all chocolate into very fine pieces (I use a food processor with pulse).
- Mix cream and butter and bring to a boil.
- Strain hot cream/butter mix into chocolate and stir very slowly until all chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- When chocolate is melted, add Kahlua (and/or coffee) and vanilla.
- Cool in fridge until it can hold its shape (about 10-20 minutes).
- Use a pair of spoons to scoop out mixture into roughly 1-inch balls.
- When mixture is roundish, use your fingers to finish forming it into a ball.
- As you are forming the ball the mixture will start to melt under your fingers, when you have a rounded ball with melted chocolate on the outside, drop it into powdered sugar and roll it to cover the ball completely.
- Using tongs, remove ball from powdered sugar and place on wax paper.
- Repeat until mixture is used up.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- You can store the truffles in the refrigerator, but serve them at room temperature.