A potato-based pasta. Works best with starchy (older) potatoes.
Yield: About 4 servings.
|2||Egg Yolks (lightly beaten)|
|1 1/2||c.||Flour (separated)|
- Spear potatoes liberally with a fork
- Bake at 350 F. for an hour
- Slice potatoes in half and open, allow to cool for a few minutes
- While potatoes are still warm, scoop potatoes out of skins and pass through ricer
- Add egg yolks, 1 c. flour, and a pinch of kosher salt
- Mix dough just until combined, adding flour just until the dough is no longer sticky
- Roll out into cylinders with your hands until about 3/4-inch thick
- Cut cylinders every half inch, press finger lightly into each pasta piece
- Freeze or cook immediately
- To freeze, place in a single layer on a baking sheet until frozen, and then pack in a freezer bag
- To prepare, bring water to a boil, drop in a handful of gnocchi at a time--when they float, they're done. Keep cooked gnocchi on a baking sheet in a warm oven until all are prepared. Serve immediately.