Sweet Potato Rolls
Moist, flavorful rolls--a Thanksgiving tradition.
Yield: Makes about 24 rolls
|1 1/2||c.||Warm Water|
|1||c.||Mashed sweet potatoes (or 2 jars of sweet potato baby food)|
|1 1/2||tsp.||Kosher Salt|
- Set out two eggs until they are at room temperature.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (around 110 F., see package directions). You may need to dissolve 1 tsp sugar with yeast and water to get the yeast to foam properly.
- Add shortening, sugar, sweet potatoes, eggs, and 2 cups of flour.
- Mix well with mixer.
- Add salt and continue to mix.
- Remove mix and stir in the other 5 cups of flour with a spoon.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and grease the top of the dough.
- Let dough sit for an hour.
- Pinch off dough and shape into rolls about the size of a large egg.
- Place rolls in greased, floured pan.
- Brush rolls with melted butter.
- Let rolls rise for 2 hours.
- Bake at 350 F. until golden brown (about 25 minutes).