Cornbread with cheese and beef baked inside. As a variation add chopped
red bell pepper, onion, and chili powder to the beef.
Yield: About 3-4 servings. I usually make a double batch and keep some for left-overs.
|1||pkg||Corn muffin mix|
|1||c.||Jack Cheese (shredded)|
- Brown beef
- Add taco seasoning to beef
- Combine creamed corn and corn muffin mix
- Put a layer of the cream corn muffin mixture (about half) into a small glass baking dish
- Layer beef on top of corn
- Layer cheese on top of beef
- Layer remaining cream corn muffin mixture
- Bake at 350 F. for 60 minutes (an inserted knife should come out without creamed corn)